Mile High Horse Ranch Derbies are composed of a combined score of a dressage test and a cross country round with 18-24 jumps at Introductory, Beginner Novice, Novice and Training levels. They are unrecognized, however half points apply to the MSEA-CCC Year End Awards. The X-C will be open for schooling all summer except the week before each Derby. (Go to SCHOOLING for photos of some of the jumps.)
Why Enter MHHR Derbies?
- expose your horse to many new jumps.
- opportunity to practice or train before a recognized show.
- see if your horse is ready to move up a level.
- give your young horse mileage and more experience.
- correct problems on the spot with no pressures.
- ride the course twice and fix mistakes.
- work on specific problems, such as water, banks, ditches.
What do our Derbies offer?
- a fun day with your horse and a group of great people.
- ribbons and our trademark prizes of English Harness Brasses through 10th place.
- DOUBLE DERBY: Awarded in October to the rider/horse combination with the best combined score at the same level from two Derbies in the same year.
- a free lunch with each Derby entry.
- a possible free entry into the next Derby by guessing the number of horse cookies in the jar
at the show.
- photos and videos may be taken at each Derby.
DON'T FORGET WE ARE OPEN FOR SCHOOLING ALL SUMMER!
GUESS THE NUMBER OF HORSE COOKIES - WINNER SEPT. 5, 2020: Victoria Poulton - GUESS 143 (number was 142)