Mile High Horse Ranch Derbies are composed of a combined score of a dressage test and a cross country round with 18-24 jumps at Elementary, Beginner Novice, Novice and Training levels. They are unrecognized, however half points apply to the MSEA-CCC Year End Awards. The X-C will be open for schooling all summer except the week before each Derby. (Go to SCHOOLING for photos of some of the jumps.)
Why Enter MHHR Derbies?
- expose your horse to many new jumps.
- opportunity to practice or train before a recognized show.
- see if your horse is ready to move up a level.
- give your young horse mileage and more experience.
- correct problems on the spot with no pressures.
- ride the course twice and fix mistakes.
- work on specific problems, such as water, banks, ditches.
What do our Derbies offer?
- a fun day with your horse and a group of great people.
- ribbons and our trademark prizes of English Harness Brasses through 10th place.
- DOUBLE DERBY: Awarded in October to the rider/horse combination with the best combined score at the same level from two Derbies in the same year.
- a free lunch with each Derby entry.
- a possible free entry into the next Derby by guessing the number of horse cookies in the jar
at the show.
- photos and videos are taken at each Derby. Information will be in your packets with the web site to look at your photos.
DON'T FORGET WE ARE OPEN FOR SCHOOLING ALL SUMMER!
GUESS THE NUMBER OF HORSE COOKIES - WINNER JUNE 30, 2018: Abigail Sullivan- 308 in the jar - Guess 333